Hi, today I am very excited to launch yet another post series here, that is SpellBound Interview Series or simply SBIS.
This is the first post in this series. Do you have any guess who are here now?? Just have some random names.
Want a clue?? Ok. This blogging genius has the most beautiful FB profile picture and gravatar image.
Hey, you are smiling. Of course, you are right. It is none other than Erik Emanuelli Sir from NoPassiveIncome. He was already featured in my last Posts I Ponder article. Check it here.
Actually, I didn’t ask him longer questions and gave stage completely to Erik Sir. Number of questions are long so shorter questions made sense.
Here we go….
- Hi sir, I am very much familiar with you. Every blogger knows you. But would you mind introducing yourself for a non-blogger who visits my blog?
I am Erik Emanuelli, professional blogger and freelance writer.
I created my first website in 2010, and within a couple of years, my passion turned into a steady and full time income online.
I own and manage several blogs, most of them you can check at my Google+ profile.
- Sir, which was your first blog? Is it live today? Today a very serious discussion is taking place about Blogger v/s WordPress. So I am curious to know which platform you used first?
I started my first blog with Blogger, in June 2010. After just three months, I bought the correspondant domain name and upgraded to self hosted blog with WordPress.
This is the link of the blog, which is now on sale, since few months already. I made several mistakes at beginning of my blogging career, and I decided to shut down this site.
If I could go back in time when I started, I would take a course from a professional and authoritative blogger. This would make me save time and money!
- Which you think is the more efficient platform?
Well, I think for new bloggers is indifferent starting with Blogger or WordPress.com
However, if you want to take blogging seriously, then you must get a self hosted website (WordPress CMS is the most popular choice).
- How did you step into blogging? Was it your inner call?
After 6 years in the banking field, I worked as Export Manager for 8 years.
The international and economic crisis forced me to look for alternative ways of income.
I started then browsing online for “making money methods”. This was how I created my first blog.
- What are your offline hobbies, Sir?
I’m an extreme sports lover! Right now I’m learning how to skydive, got 40 jumps so far (from 13,000 feet). I did my AFF training last year and this one I look forward to becoming a certified skydiver (you can watch my videos at my YouTube channel).
I go to gym three times a week, plus I go jogging (depending on weather).
During my life, I practiced several sports : bungee jumping (in Venezuela), canyoning, rafting, free-climbing, diving (I have “PADI” license until -20 meters), snowboarding. I’m also brown belt of kick boxing. I believe in the motto : “mens sana in corpore sano”.
My other big passion is travel. I visited more than 30 countries around the world, both for pleasure and work. The money invested in travelling are the best spent!
Also Read:- Why and How to be Offline??
- Some probloggers say a newbie has to concentrate on content not on SEO. What is your opinion? SEO has nothing to do with newbies?
You should do both. With time, you will learn how to write for your readers, while still optimizing the content for search engines. And make it look a natural and pleasant reading.
- Which are your successful promotional methods?
Twitter is my favorite social media channel for promoting myself and my blogs. I’ve more than 25,000 followers at my Twitter account. Some tools I suggest to use are Triberr, and JustRetweet. Also blogging communities are a great way to market your content, together with increasing your connections (which should be among your priorities, as a new blogger).
- If you weren’t a blogger, what would you be?
Still Export Manager, I guess.
- Say something about your family, Sir. Are you married?
I’m lucky enough to have known a wonderful woman, who is my half apple. We’re not married, but it is as if we were. Happy together since 7 years.
- If you are starting from scratch, what are the first 5 things you will do?
Get a unique domain name, a good-looking design and an original logo for my blog, some professional plugins and definitely a niche with low competition!
- 5 mistakes you did in blogging?
- Building backlinks like crazy (and being penalized for it).
- Now showing my face since the beginning.
- Not building connections and relationships.
- Having a domain name with a spelling mistake.
- Not writing content with a real added value.
- 5 steps you took which has led you to success?
- Building connections within my niche.
- Writing content that solves problems or needs of my readers.
- Being real.
- Being honest.
- Being myself.
- How did you realize blogging is that your profession?
When I started earning more than 1,000$ per month. More than 3 years has passed, and my income online has continued to grow since then.
- You are the founder of the blogging community Klinkk. How did you get an idea to start it and why did you start it?
I created Klinkk with the aim of building a meeting point for bloggers, to engage, share and learn from each other. It’s doing pretty good, I just invest 20-30 minutes daily to prevent spamming, managing users and stories and checking the posts submitted. Backlinks are flowing naturally, as bloggers are mentioning Klinkk a great blogging community.
- Which are your monetization methods?
The main ways to monetize my blogs are the sale of banners (via BuySellAds), sponsored posts and affiliate marketing.
- We, budding bloggers love to hear advices from a successful blogger like you? What advices you want to give newbie bloggers?
Like already mentioned, the most important suggestion I can give is building relationships within people of your niche. Like in life, also in blogging (and business) connections are everything. Believe me, you soon will realize it. Some pratical suggestions? Visit other blogs, leave meaningful comments, start guest posting, mention quality articles of other bloggers within your posts. And social media, of course.
Also Read:- Free Unlimited Life-time hosting
- Finally, what do you think about my humble blog?
You are doing a great job, Rahul!
Just a small tip? You should recreate your logo to match your website design and colors (which I see are red and black).
Then stick with it, branding is an important part for your blog success.
Thanks for giving me the awesome opportunity to answers to this interview.
I look forward to connecting with your readers!
Also Read: – How to Make Your Interview Proposal Approved?
That’s all. Liked it?
Please let me know your response through comments. Have a second to share this post also.